If you know our Co-Owner, Stephanie, you know she’s a baking whiz! Stephanie is constantly bringing delicious baked goods into our office, which we all happily devour (of course!). She recently whipped up a batch of droolworthy lemon bars, which are not only scrumptious, but the perfect light + refreshing treat on a warm summer day.
Stephanie originally obtained the lemon bar recipe from allrecipes, but has made modifications to it for an extra special (and yummy!) touch.
Lemon Bar Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 36 two-inch squares
Yield: 1 – 9×13 inch pan
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups white sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 lemons, juiced (or 8 tablespoons lemon juice)
3-5 drops yellow food dye (optional)
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and ½ cup sugar for crust. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan to form the crust.
- Once the oven has reached 350⁰ Fahrenheit, bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven, or until firm and golden.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 ½ cups sugar and ¼ cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. If desired, add 3-5 drops of yellow food dye to give the bars an extra yellow coloring. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the oven, heated to 350⁰ Fahrenheit. The bars will firm up as they cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cut into 2-inch squares (or larger if desired!) and arrange in a checker board fashion.
- Enjoy! Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.